[Panel-devel] KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/applets/digital-clock

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Dec 1 21:48:59 CET 2007

On Saturday 01 December 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2007 23:15:42 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > >
> > > I've read it too, but I thought it was just a "I don't like it too
> > > much", not an imperative order from Mr, Maintainer. ;-)
> >
> > yep. i just want each clock face to have it's own applet
>
> Sure, I agree here, just wanted the SVG clock as default. Let me know on
> what's bad with it.

i dunno; tbh the line down the middle of the number just doesn't look ...
right.

right now it's a 3 pixel column of dark grey, background grey, light grey. i
think tightening it up to just 2 pixels would help; not sure which of the
three greys to drop, perhaps the background grey? or maybe the top dark grey?

also, i don't like how the background has sharp corners, or how the top/bottom
margins are different from the side margins. a bit more symmetry and some
roundedness would rock. as would a subtle gradient on the grey background so
it doesn't look like a big hunk of grey.

in fact, i almost wonder if that background hunmk of grey is even needed and
if it couldn't just render onto whatever the background of the applet is;
this will suck for white backgrounds, though; perhaps a grey stroke could be
added around the numbers to solve that case?

anyways ... just my own aesthetic impressions.