[Panel-devel] minimization to taskbar

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:00:52 CET 2007

> Comments?

- AbstractTaskItem::paint() is perhaps not the most appropriate place
to publish updated task icon geometry, because this will lead to many
calls during animations when the task icon may only be moving by a
small amount on each call.  With caching enabled (in Qt 4.4) the paint() method might not be called when the item is just moving around.  Perhaps publish icon geometry in response to the ItemPositionHasChanged graphics item event instead, with publishing turned off during layout animations.

- Both TaskGroupItem and AbstractTaskItem implement
publishIconGeometry(), which means that when both the task and the
parent (a TaskGroupItem) are repainted, both will publish icon
geometry for the task.

Regards,
Robert.