[Panel-devel] DataEngine and Corona patches

Leo Franchi lfranchi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 01:32:39 CEST 2007

hello,

I attach two patches. The first one i already attached in a previous mail
but got no response.

Aaron's initial response to the first patch was:

"actually, this reverts the patch which was a pretty intentional change.
what problem was this creating for you?"

any my answer is basically that it managed to stop all Amarok dataengines
from working. The change calls d->source, telling it *not* to attempt to
create a datasource if it has to, even though we already know that the
d->source( source, false ) call fails, because we already tried that. this
patch has *no* side effects that I can see, i have been using it for the
last week.

my second patch adds a Corona::clearApplets() function, so Corona-derived
classes (or other classes, but i can make it protected if you wish) have the
ability to empty the corona.

comments/rants/etc?
leo
Leo Franchi                     angel666 at myrealbox.com
4305 Charlemagne Ct         lfranchi at gmail.com
Austin                                 cell: (650) 704 3680
TX, USA                              home: (650) 329 0125