[Panel-devel] [Patch] LineEdit::setGeometry

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 19:05:35 CEST 2007

On 8/5/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 04 August 2007, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> > It's already committed, and the only reason that it broke layouts is
> > because none of the widgets were actually inheriting Plasma::Widget.
>
> so .... are layouts working right now or not? what changes are/were needed in
> layouts / widgets to fix it?
Depending on your definition of the word "fixed". Yes layout are back
to where they were. What needed to be fixed was the fact that all
widgets were implementing their own form of size hint information
(minimumSize maximumSize sizeHint etc) and I deleted that, stupidly
assuming that Plasma::Widget was smart enough to handle this stuff ;)
Anyway, we need to make Plasma::Widget a WHOLE lot more comprehensive,
but yes in the meantime code is in there to make layouts work.

Matt