[Panel-devel] Pager extended for "viewports"

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Sep 27 13:40:38 CEST 2006

Dne úterý 26 září 2006 16:52 Dirk Mueller napsal(a):
> On Tuesday, 26. September 2006 16:23, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> >  I'd just map viewports to virtual desktop and the on-all-desktops
> > desktop to NET::Sticky, when the detected WM is Compiz. No need to
> > complicate that.
>
> Huh? didn't you tell me that my patch, which more or less exactly did that,
> was wrong?

 Well it is still wrong. Viewports and virtual desktops are different things
and should not be mixed up, so as far as supporting viewports properly is
concerned, it is wrong. However, since the plan actually seems to be to fake
Compiz's viewports as virtual desktops, then this is probably the best
workaround.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz