[Panel-devel] application menu and "utilities"

Craig Drummond craig at kde.org
Fri Nov 3 22:09:04 CET 2006

Sorry - GMX classified this as spam, and I only realised after perusing the
panel-devel lists!

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 17:51, Florian Merz wrote:
> I cc'd Craig Drummond because of the kfontview issue.
> Craig, can you please shed some light on kfontview use cases. It would be
> nice to be able to replace the application with a kpart so fonts can still
> be viewed when browsing fonts:/ (or other directories) but we don't have a

It's already a kpart - the app is a simple wrapper around this. So, yeah I
have no problems with removing the app, its not used much. I'll make sure its
removed for KDE4

The app/part is only used to get a better preview of installed, and
non-installed fonts. The new version will allow displaying of all unicode
characters.

> > > because kde is not designed for craig drumond (sorry, craig ;)), but

Are you sure its not designed for me? Hmmm... :-(

Craig.