[Panel-devel] KDE4 front-end papers

Zbigniew Braniecki zbigniew.braniecki at gmail.com
Tue May 2 16:42:21 CEST 2006

Thanks for the reply Zack.

On 5/1/06, Zack Rusin <zack at kde.org> wrote:

> Waterfall doesn't work and Open
> Source does not work utilizing waterfall.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm sorry for this assumption, I do agree that there
is a potential in dynamic project goal modification (like XP)

 What you do is define a high-level set of goals - we have them - plasma,
> solid, phonon,
> move to DBUS. That's all we need. Anything beyond that is bound to fail as
> none of us has the uncanny ability to predict the future - which is
> exactly
> why every single waterfall project fails.

I disagree here. I planned to answer Thiago in separate email but because I
disagree with him in the same point, let me just quote him and reply to both
(also, Aaron stated the same in "nobody owns KDE, everyone just does his
part"):

"We don't know that yet because KDE4 doesn't exist. If you want that,
you'll have to wait for the first betas."