[Panel-devel] Community management

Zbigniew Braniecki zbigniew.braniecki at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 12:20:45 CET 2006

Since Achamayou updated my wiki with his mockups and ideas, I wanted
to update the list of ideas by new ones from kde-look.org KDE4
Brainstorm category.

And it seems that more people are interesting in discussion on KDE4
ideas! It's a great news and I think that KDE should consider creating
a space for them to discuss the ideas. Right now they'll go with the
idea to kde-artists mini-forum which sucks, push new idea to
kde-look.org which is not a best solution because kde-look wasn't made
for that, or will start discussing it on my Wiki (as I did with
Achamayou's proposal) - this may work in short term but is totally not
scaleable.

I think that KDE needs a KDE4 forum so people can discuss and forge
ideas there. I'd prefer this forum to be unrelated to kde-artists
since I have bad experience with their purposes (it's more important
for them that they control it, than that ideas and KDE4 itself).

If you don't like the idea, it's ok. I can create the forum on my own,
but I think it would be better to have a place where such a lot of
great ideas is forged tied to KDE.org project rather than to my humble
person or any other group.

Greetings
Zbigniew Braniecki