[Panel-devel] Why do users open up a start-menu?

Riccardo Iaconelli info at ruphy.com
Fri Jan 6 15:50:06 CET 2006

Alle 11:55, venerdì 06 gennaio 2006, Vincent Weber ha scritto:
> Hi...
>
> I mean this: http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2689/newkdeconcept5vf.jpg
> Its just a concept. you are still able to use kde fully, but its 3D :D That
> will help you with those Sharp 3D laptop screens :)
>
> You can do alot with this design. For instance you can place some icons all
> over the mountain, make a usefull 3d start menu to pop somewhere; a 3d
> startmenu can be very usefull without 'disrupting' some other original
> not-start-menu code, etc, ect.
>
> Still KDE spirit aint it? :)
> This 3d concept is the same design as the original kde but the big
> advantage is that you have a great overlook. Pressing the desktop button
> doesn't hide the desktop but looks at all 3 at once. This is, ofcource, not
> meant for working all the desktops at once, but the overview is great :D
Yes, if so, that could be great, but it can also bring a very ENORMOUS work to
us. We will need a library that manipulates normal 2d objects, but showing it
in 3d... So kwin and kdesktop only, if I have understood.

Try to propouse your idea in the appeal mailing list!

Good Luck!
-Riccardo
--
Fingerprint:
25F1 2F2E ABE9 20B6 E06B 3C25 5966 9965 9622 75DF