[Panel-devel] An Idea for the K-Menu

Riccardo Iaconelli info at ruphy.com
Sun Jan 1 16:54:34 CET 2006

Matt Broadstone writes:

> On 12/31/05, Ryan <p0z3r at earthlink.net> wrote:
>> On Saturday 31 December 2005 11:55, Stefano wrote:
>> > Hi There.
>> >
>> > My idea is simple but, in my opinion, overdue. When i start my computer, i
>> > mostly open Konversation and Kopete first. It would be great if i could
>> > open them with the middle mouse-button and the k-menu would stay on top so
>> > that i can open a number of programs without opening the menu twice or even
>> > three times.
>>
>> Doesn't session support already support this if you leave the applications
>> open when logging out?
>>
> Or perhaps just make launcher buttons for these two applications?
>
> Matt
>

>> > Please reply,
>> > Stefano Palazzo

I think that the improvement suggested by Stefano is not needed only for
this problem, where the session managment doing this work fine, but can be a
useful feature for making the desktop more usable and more "relaxing". I
think also that (correct me please if wrong) this will not require a big
work, but of course can make the users capable to do more with less click.

 -Riccardo