[Panel-devel] The minipager in KDE4 isn't working yet. I'd like to help fix that.

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 20:00:05 CEST 2006

On 8/17/06, headrift <headrift at gmail.com> wrote:
> I couldn't find a TODO in
> kdebase/workspace/kicker/applets/minipager, although there
> is one a little higher up, in kicker/.  The TODO_KDE4 there indicates that
> there are a number of things in kicker which need to be made to work.
>
> Reading the warnings and errors from building the minipager, there's also
> several things there that need to be done - moving to Qt 4 and porting to
> DBus seem to be the big warnings, and an error that starts with a
> constructor.
>
> So, my question:  is someone already working on these issues, and if so,
> where can I help out?  If not, where's the best place to jump in and make
> the minipager compile?
>
>  - Ross

Hi Ross,
   The minipager cannot be fixed currently because of issues with KWin
and KDesktop in kde4. Well, I haven't fully checked on KWin yet, but
for sure KDesktop.. furthermore those applets theoretically will not
be used in the future. Aaron said he's got some time this month to
work on the design docs so I suggest you wait a little bit for that
stuff.

Matt