[Panel-devel] Design of Sensor and meters

Ryan Nickell p0z3r at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 13 07:06:22 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 00:42, Vinay Khaitan wrote:
> And I also think, we can ditch cpusensor and related sensor, in favour of
> ProcessSensor. I think, with the format given by me, ProcessSensor can used
> with same ease for cpusensor memsensor etc.

In this respect I disagree.  With discussions around using ksysguard in Plasma
itself, along with some other implementaitons for gathering system info,
those things are currently separated.  Keeping those things modular is a good
idea in respect to maintenance and plugability.
So you would have a sensor that handles PIDs in a manner of how top works.
Maybe a PidSensor that provides stats such as memory, cpu usage, run time,
etc.  Putting those things together to create a multi sensor would limit some
flexibility by having all those things in the same namespace.

-Ryan