[Panel-devel] Plasma desktop/groups/roles/privs/security/etc

Wade Olson wadejolson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:08:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, but is anything
being considered for Plasma from a roles/privs level?  In particular,
I'm thinking about Active Directory/Kiosk type features.

I know Aaron has been mulling about Kiosk as of late:

http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2005/08/thoughts-on-kiosk-in-kde4.html for example

But is this the layer to do some AD-type "stuff"?  Maybe not desktop
deployment "stuff", but restrictions on kicker and preconfigurations
and such?

If there's a discussion posted, please let me know.

Thanks,
Wade