[Panel-devel] Sensors and Meters in SK

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Sep 11 03:53:14 CEST 2005

On Saturday 10 September 2005 09:44, Pedro Suarez Casal wrote:
> In fact, Ryan, Alexander (wirr) and me were working on that after the
> meetup, and we'd made an UML diagram with our conclusions.

separate email here for a separate topic: language bindings

according to the UML diagram language bindings provide a "createSensor",
"deleteMeter", "manipulateMeter" methods.. i'm guessing these were just
example methods. however, i don't see how these example make any sense at
all.

why not just wrap the sensors and meters so that we don't have one API
methodology for C++ and one for scripting languages?

and what is the purpose of a "KarambaWidget"? in the UML diagram, is it meant
to be the base widget of all applets, being analogous in that way to the
current KPanelApplet?

in all, i suppose this begs the Big Question:

what will the code for a plasma applet (plasmoid?) look like exactly?

remember that unlike in SK, which to date has been primarily of the sort "show
these values" that plasmoids need to allow for arbitrary interaction models.
taskbars, dictionary and math applets, launchers, etc..