[Panel-devel] Plasma web page errors

Emmanuel Eytan list at regularoddity.com
Mon Sep 5 13:20:11 CEST 2005

Hello.

There is a recurring spelling mistake on the plasma.kde.org web site.
The text contains the contraction "it's" in many places where it should
be the pronoun "its".

Here is a web page with the rule: http://www.stormloader.com/garyes/its/#top

On the page http://plasma.kde.org/cms/1080, there is the text:
"In KDE2 it was split off from the file manager and became it's own
application."
When it should be:
"In KDE2 it was split off from the file manager and became its own
application."

On the page http://plasma.kde.org/cms/1069 under the section "Extenders":
"thereby temporarily extending it's usable space to present information
and interface."
Should be:
"thereby temporarily extending its usable space to present information
and interface."

There may be more.

This site is, as far as I understand, the showcase for KDE 4.0. This
(unlike KDE itself, which looks FANTASTIC) does not look good. In the
spirit of collaboration on which Linux, X.org, Qt and KDE are based, I'm
just letting you know. I don't mean to offend. (Some people might be
offended.)

I came to this page because I'm very curious and excited about KDE 4.0.
I still am. Thanks for all the work you put into making the Linux
Desktop so slick, efficient and beautiful.

Emmanuel