[Panel-devel] Superkaramba Bindings

Vinay Khaitan vkhaitan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:49:27 CET 2005

Hello devs!

Currently superkaramba looks to be very calm. The only thing, whose design is
left to be finalized in the first stage of overhauling, remains to be
bindings.
I had a chat with matt broadstone about bindings stuff some while ago. I
wanted to make bindings Object Oriented(by introducing class thingy like qt
bindings), whereas matt wanted them to remain currently as it is, because not
all languages are OO. And put all api functions into abstractInterface class.
I took a look at kdebindings modules....
the modules present there are.....
1.  qtjava
2. qtruby
3. pyqt
4.qtsharp
5. kjsembed

all of them supports the notion of classes and object orientation. So there is
no meaning of making bindings non-class.

What I want is that, autogeneration parser will parse sensor and meter classes
and generate its bindings. The abstractInterface would be used for delivering
SK events to themes. I can work towards making which functions should be made
APIable in meters and sensors and abstractInterface.
But first thing first, Is the idea okay enough?

Vinay Khaitan