[Panel-devel] Superkaramba theme dialog

Petri Damsten petri.damsten at iki.fi
Tue May 31 08:39:18 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 08:59, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> it would be nice if this could be harmonized with the Add New Applets
> dialog in kicker, which already looks very similar to your screenshot. the
> buttons at the bottom of Add New Applets is "Add to Panel" and "Close" ; so
> could we instead of an "Add to Desktop" button?
>
> for "Open" and "New Stuff", those could be special items at the top of the
> list that look like other themes but which represent actions... as a bonus,
> you could use the description bit to give some documentation such as,
> "Selecting this item will open a file dialog. Select a new theme file and
> SuperKaramba will install it an add it to the list." or something like
> that. perhaps shorter ;)
>
> what do you think?

Yes, it's always good to give user familiar looking interfaces to work with,
so using same layout is the way to go.

I was wondering how to select Open/New Stuff consistently:
- Select theme -> Press 'Add to Desktop' -> theme starts on desktop
- Select Open/New Stuff -> doubleclick / ??? -> open dialog / KNewStuff Dialog

> > 	- Checkbox starts/stops theme
>
> is it possible to have more than one instance of a theme? should it be?

At the moment superkaramba can start same theme twice but config files are not
handled correctly. This is something that should be taken care of. Running
multiple 'hdd free space' themes for different partitions is for e.g. a case
where multiple instances might be handy.

Petri