[Panel-devel] Superkaramba theme dialog

Petri Damsten petri.damsten at iki.fi
Tue May 31 07:27:24 CEST 2005

Hi,

I would like to do following modifications to superkaramba gui.

- When systray icon is clicked open the dialog attached.
	- Dialog lists all themes found from global/local theme dirs.
	- User can add themes to list using browse
	- Checkbox starts/stops theme
- Righ click systray menu would have 'Themes...' and 'Quit' items.
- Remove 'Open New Theme...', 'Download More Themes' and 'Quit' from the theme
menu and leave only items that are theme specific. This would make systray
icon mandatory, which is something that has been complained in mailing list.
Personally I think that possibility to hide systray icon (KDE 3.4 feature) is
enough.

What comes to security issues. I would add message box saying 'you are getting
theme from blah blah blah... Are you sure?' for now. This would prevent user
downloading theme 'accidentally' and I think would be as secure as
downloading theme manually. Other security measures could be added later.

Petri