[Panel-devel] Signing superkaramba themes

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue May 31 00:22:50 CEST 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 01:58, Petri Damsten wrote:
> I think that KNewStuffSecure doesn't work very well with zip files (adds a
> layer to just complicate things).

agreed, though for now it may be workable as is?

> I was thinking more like jar signing:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/tooldocs/win32/jarsigner.html
> Could KNewStuffSecure support also this kind of signing (No packaging data
> to yet another archive).

certainly. a patch to KNewStuffSecure is all that's needed. ;)

btw, i'm going to compile a list of needs and wants for GHNS (get hot new
stuff) and start a thread on kde-core-devel about for kde4 once i (we?) move
over to kde4 devel.

> I think that KOffice also uses zip files to save documents (kostore). Do
> they have some way of signing documents?

not that i know of.