[Panel-devel] Re: System tray

Georges A.K. georgesak at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 08:13:30 CEST 2005

Yes, and that way we never have to poll and we'll never block the
tray. As for the status of an app that doesn't send it, we can guess
sometimes. For instance, if the icon is modified, we suppose that
there's activity and we unhide the icon. Or if the app sends a
notifiation. I'm sure we could come up with a few other scenarios. But
ideally, every app would implement our protocol (ideally !).