[Panel-devel] getThemePath broken in SK

Petri Damsten petri.damsten at iki.fi
Tue Jun 7 10:56:16 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 11:30, Matt wrote:
> wow.  Why do you need to use the getThemeText().

I like to position my widgets in .theme file and just get pointers in python.
This way I'm separating gui from the code (a bit like ui <-> cpp files in
Qt).

> Will createText() work as
> well?  Also, why a two step process?  Why can't we put the _('%d Apples') %
> 2 bit right into a createText() line?

createText(widget, 0, 0, 100, 20, _('%d Apples') % 2) should work equally
well. It's just the way I like to do my themes.

> Also, will this work with utf-8 encoded characters (I am assuming it will
> given that it's using i18n).

Python should handle those well.

> How would I go about converting my translation files to i18n based
> translations?  Any way I might be able to automate this?

After making modifications to code so that all strings are surrounded by _('')
pot file should be made by running xgettext liquid_weather.py -o
liquid_weather.pot. After that shell/python script could be made to convert
existing translations to po files.

Petri