[Panel-devel] Re: Plasmatic widgets

Hans Oischinger hans.oischinger at h3c.de
Mon Jun 6 11:19:41 CEST 2005

On Monday, 6. June 2005 03:54, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> would it not be possible to raise the entire desktop widget on command? we
> don't need to raise the widgets individually, necessarily. they can be
> composited onto a "backplane" raised and lowered as a whole.
That's something similar to what Apple's new Widget functionality does.
One could even think of making the desktop widget transparent but not the
widgets on it... however it will keep the underlying widgets from being
accessible directly and any workaround to this would be a pretty hacky. Even
for my hacker's taste :)

I think that user would want widgets on top of their windows. Many people have
that now for system monitors, e.g.
Of course we could also implement those as applets living in QWidgets like
kicker currently has it (and yes, setMask() could also make them curved if we
want it :)).

Hans