[Panel-devel] Note about plasma

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Jun 5 23:24:39 CEST 2005

On Sunday 05 June 2005 17:09, Richard Moore wrote:
> One thing I want in plasma is the ability to specify a hint to
> kpassivepopup as to where it should place its dialog. This would
> allow nice features like messages queueing up the side of the screen
> (which has been a feature request on a number of occasions). This
> needs to be outside kpassivepopup itself as it applies to multiple
> applications (though it could conceivably be part of knotify).

We can specify all we really want in there as the WM is free to ignore
that hint no matter what we do. Then again I'm guessing you only care
about it working with one WM...
Maybe it would make more sense (read as in, work with all wm's) to do
something with knotify where you could have a history of, lets say,
last 10 or so posted messages and could review them.

Zack

--
The 'gui' in 'penguin' is pronounced K-D-E