[Panel-devel] getThemePath broken in SK

Ryan Nickell p0z3r at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 5 18:08:42 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 16:18 +0300, Petri Damsten wrote:
> On Sunday 05 June 2005 02:30, Ryan Nickell wrote:
> > It seems that zipped themes that use getThemePath can not get the path
> > correctly.  I found this when trying to debug Matt's Liquid Weather
> > theme.
>
> For skz themes it returns path to zip. This originates to how python modules
> are imported. It makes sense there, but maybe not in the theme API.
This is the line he's using getThemePath:
langfile = open(karamba.getThemePath(widget) + '/translations/' +
language, 'r')
getThemePath doesn't make sense to be used in zipped themes if they
can't use it as a path to functions that want to open a file for
reading.  What I propose is a new function similar to readThemeFile that
is exposed to python land, or just remove it.