[Panel-devel] Re: background image

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jun 4 11:26:27 CEST 2005

On Saturday 04 June 2005 02:17, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> Just adding my two cents, but although I wholly agree with looking
> forward to future of kde, it is perhaps in our collective interest to
> support artistic offerings.

right now kicker doesn't really offer much of anything that would really
benefit from new art. the panel background is primitive and uninteresting.
the button tiles are off by default and again not particularly well done.
we've got a LOT of artwork that is needed for KDE4 and that should be a much
more rewarding process. that's why i'm not particularly interested in
fiddling with the few pieces of art in kicker in KDE3 at this point.

> Although, something of this nature would
> probably be better suited for like kde-look?

there is a kicker forum on kde-artists.org which is doing pretty well given
the lack of large announcements for the site.