Fwd: Re: [Panel-devel] SuperKaramba roadmap for 3.5 freeze

Ryan Nickell p0z3r at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 3 05:46:41 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-03 at 07:21 +1200, Matt wrote:
> Sorry for replying to my own message, but Ryan's post about testing svn
>  hasn't come through to my mail server for some reason, but I've seen it on
>  the web archive of this list.
There's an archive someplace?  I couldn't find it on lists.kde.org.

> I'll test the svn version this weekend (was going to test last night, but
> realised I didn't have subversion installed, and by the time my poor little
> notebook had compiled it, it was bedtime).  It would be helpful if you could
> tell me what the general purpose of the 'zip' file is, and how to create one,
> and how it works etc.  Or is this in a readme somewhere?

In order to make an acceptable zipped theme for SK to run, the archive
must hold the same theme name as the zipped package.

Lets say I have a directory with myTheme.theme file, myTheme.py python
files and any subdirs all in a directory called /home/ryann/myTheme/.
You would have to make a zip archive of everything _inside_ that
directory, and the extension has to be .skz(SuperKaramba Zip).

So, you would do something like this:
[ryann]$ cd myTheme/
[ryann]$ zip myTheme.skz *

> Thanks.
>
> Matt

There may still be a problem with the subdirs, but I'm looking over that
now and will hopefully have it fixed by the end of the weekend.

-Ryan