[Panel-devel] wrapping up for 3.5

Barış Metin baris at uludag.org.tr
Thu Jun 2 23:19:39 CEST 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 07:09, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 June 2005 06:26, Barış Metin wrote:
> > I'd like to disable the tipping just for clock applet, when the calendar
> > is shown and re-enable it afterwards. I couldn't find a way to do it with
> > current KickerTip. What do you think?
>
> uninstall the event filter and then re-install it when the calendar is put
> away.
>
> i'd also suggest checking the timezone in ClockApplet::updateKickerTip. if
> it isn't the current timezone, then the time zone being shown should be
> added there. hm... in fact what might be nice is if a different timezone is
> being shown then show the time and tz name and then below that have the
> local time, something like:
>
> 19:00 GMT
> 12:00 local time

I've managed to come up with a new patch which solves the above two issues.
The patch and a screenshot is attached.

> also, if you keep the mouse over the clock and the time/date changes, the
> tip will be out of sync. see attached (built, but untested) patch that adds
> KickerTip::Client::updateKickerTip(). calling this ought to update the
> contents of the tip, so the clock can call this when the time updates =)

I liked Martin's solution about the update problem. Other applets can also
suffer from the same problem and trying to solve it in KickerTip can save
some work. What do you think?

regards,
--
Barış Metin