[Panel-devel] porting to QX11EmbedWidget/QX11EmbedContainer

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Jul 31 14:19:26 CEST 2005

On Friday 29 July 2005 01:09, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hey all...
>
> here's a great job for someone looking to get into the kicker4 code:
>
> in kde2 and kde3 we used QXEmbed which lived in kdelibs. now we have
> QX11EmbedWidget and QX11EmbedContainer in qt4 (and the peasants
> rejoiced). these are what we will be using in kde4 ... while QXEmbed
> was a confusing mash of both the embedding and the embedded widgets,
> they are now broken out cleanly.
>
> if you grep the kicker source for QXEmbed you should find code that
> needs to be ported. for examples of usage of these new classes you
> can, for instance, look at the kcontrol supports classes in kdelibs
> that Daniel Molkentin just ported over today.

Please note that the new classes nicely handle accelerators, something
the old code could never do so you may want to use those new features.
If you have any questions about the new XEmbed classes you can just ask
here and I'll do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Zack

--
I don't mind Jesus, it's his fan club I can't stand.