[Panel-devel] Using Kdevelop for KDE developement

Vinay Khaitan vkhaitan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:15:32 CEST 2005

I like to use kdevelop for KDE programming, because of its enhanced
Navigation techniques, code completion and other features.

KDE svn doesn't use kdevelop for developement. So, to understand the
code flow, I needed to use the old Source-Navigator. That is extremely
nice tool, but tool old. Kdevelop is much versatile.

The problem I see with kdevelop for KDE main developement is its very
large codebase, which would require significant amount of time for
parsing.
Old Developers are used to normally vi/emacs, which are geared for
keyboard control. So they might not bother it.

Is not it possible to improve this situation and put .kdevelop file in
kdesvn ? So that, we can use full Kdevelop features for faster-code
developement?

I think, some type of PCS etc would be able to improve this situation.