[Panel-devel] Question about task

Stefan Nikolaus stefan.nikolaus at kdemail.net
Sun Aug 28 12:17:20 CEST 2005

On Sunday, 28. August 2005 07:10, Vinay Khaitan wrote:
[...]
> We can always create a child panel and then add applet to that. This
> creates exactly same behaviour as the external applet would do.
> e.g. add taskbar to child panel. This equals external taskbar. Why do
> we need taskbar extension at all???

Since we haven't had the "Lock panels" option, you were forced to have an
applet handle for the taskbar applet. Therefore, the taskbar extension was
used by people, that don't want to waste screen space.
I don't know, wether it's worth the effort to have an taskbar extension,
derived from ChildPanel, or just to tell the people, that they should lock
their panels to save space.

Bye,
Stefan