[Panel-devel] plasma reversible colorschemes & Zooming UI?

Mary Stern marystern at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 00:56:27 CEST 2005

Hi Guys,

one of my pet hates in EVERY desktop system I've used (and
I've been using them for nearly 20 years) is that I can
NEVER get the color schemes that I want to work
consistently with every app.

Generally I want a reverse-scheme, ie generally dark
backgrounds and light foregrounds.

So, I can usually change the colors, but then there's
typically one or two annoying applications which insist on
not honouring the colors (Word/Outlookk and Dialog boxes on
windows are hugely annoying and badly-written web sites are
also on my pet-hate list..)

Is it possible for Plasma to somehow deal with this issue
(something like enforcing a set of  colors as a scheme and
forcing applications to use them..). I realise that some
applications would want to control colors, but most do not
need to.I, the User, should have the choice!

On a separate note: I liked Jef Raskin's Humane Interface
ideas and his Zooming UI - is there any chance of making
some/all of his ideas a reality?

Great Project guys - good luck! :)
- Mary Stern.