[Panel-devel] Drag'n'drop everything

Georges A.K. georgesak at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 19:29:47 CEST 2005

On 8/13/05, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 13 August 2005 05:39, Pierre D. wrote:
> > Another idea with drag and drop : I suppose we will still have a systray
> in
> > KDE4, won't we ?
> > If yes, then it'd be great to be able to drag and drop any window to the
> > systray...
> > What do you think about this idea ?
>
> the systray is not a taskbar.
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo

This has been discussed God knows how many times ! And although it's
has been impossible to form a consensus, we did agree on that the
systray shouldn't become a 2nd taskbar. If anything, the taskbar has
to be modified to suit the needs of the users. The systray is more of
a notificaiton area (although it's not that black and white).

Georges.