[Owncloud] secure connection without ssl

TimmeeY timmeey at timmeey.de
Fri Jan 31 16:46:08 UTC 2014

Hey Jakob,

what kind of rented server? Just webspace where you can put your files?
Or a vServer like, where you can configure you apache/ngix(whatever) by
hand?
Because if you have access to the webserver SOFTWARE, you can allways
install you own ssl-cert to get ssl encryption. You can generate those
cetificates by yourself. or get a free one from https://www.cacert.org/
or https://cert.startcom.org/.

But i don't think this is an owncloud related issue :-)

In case you just rented some webspace... hmm you are probably out of
much options

Greetz
TimmeeY