[Owncloud] Owncloud service as a protection against ransomware?

Erwin Rennert rennert at zsi.at
Thu Jan 30 09:07:31 UTC 2014

I see your point, but I advise against using OwnCloud as a backup
solution. In my experience it is not nearly robust enough. Quite to the
contrary, I am undertaking quite some effort to backup the data stored
in Owncloud.

OC is great for sharing data, but it is not always stable and does not
always behave as expected.

For protection from malware you are certainly better off educating your
users and deploying AV software.

Regards
Eriwn

--