[Owncloud] LDAP users, local groups and allow sharing to own group only

Tigre-Bleu devel at tigre-bleu.net
Fri Jan 24 21:52:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem that I don't understand with groups. Let's try to describe accurately:

I am using LDAP backend to authenticate my users and everything is fine. LDAP group mapping is not configured.

I have 3 local groups:
- admin
- Group A
- Group B

LDAP users are splitted between Group A and Group B.
- Group A
  * User 1
  * User 2
  * User 4
- Group B
  * User 1
  * User 3

When the sharing configuration is defined as "Allow users to share with everybody" and I am logged in as User 2, I have the options to share to:
- User 1
- User 2
- User 3
- User 4
- Group A
- Group B

This is fine.

However, when the sharing configuration is defined as "Allow users to only share with users from their own groups", and I am logged as User 2, I only have the following options to share to:
- Group A

I do not see Group B which is fine because the user is not a member of this group but I shall see also User 1 and User 4.

As far as I can see in oc_group_user, everything is fine and LDAP users are part of the local groups.

What is wrong then? Why can't I see users from my group in the sharing dropdown?

Thanks,

Antoine