[Owncloud] [News-iOS-App] App Store Reviews

Martin Weil admin at postia.de
Thu Jan 23 09:37:03 UTC 2014

After you mentioned the app on the list I started using it regularly.

Basically I am content with it, but I have some suggestions for improvement:

1. Sometimes I try to read all articles and when I am finished, I notice there is one article left unread, but I don’t know exactly where. It is quite cumbersome to scroll down to find it. Especially because unread articles are not as clearly to see as for example unread Mails.

In my view there are two possibilities to solve this. I would probably appreciate both:
- Add a new feed/section for unread news articles, similar to the „All Articles“ feed, just containing unread articles.
- Show the unread articles at the top of each feed, regardless of the date. Maybe add this as an option in the settings.

2. I indeed had some crashes, I will try to get the crash reports and send them to you seperatly.

3. Sometimes the navigation of the app is quite awkward. I can not really tell you what exactly I mean, but it just doesn’t feel apple like. I am almost positive that apple has guidelines for this. Maybe have a look at the apple interface guidelines or similar. Some examples below.
- On my iPad mini in landscape mode, as soon as I select a feed, the feed list disappears, and the feed is shown fullscreen. But the feed does not actually take the whole screen. In my opinion it would be better to not hide the feed list (on the iPad).
- Sometimes there are hints for other screens shown at the left and/or right edge of the screen. It helped me at first to understand that I can get other screens by swiping, but now they just take away space, and sometimes I do not understand when they appear and when they don’t.

4. I had some problems connecting to my server, there was a 401 error reported by the app. Interestingly this happened at the same time on my iPad and iPhone. A reload did not solve the problem. My server checked out ok. So I looked at the server setting page in the app and pressed connect there once. Then it worked again. Had to do this on both devices.

I think that’s it for now. I hope this will help you make this app even better.
Martin