[Owncloud] Owncloud on Fedora/RHEL 6

Gregor Tätzner gregor at freenet.de
Mon Jan 20 12:56:57 UTC 2014

Hi,
I just wanna step in here to clarify some things. FYI: I'm the 'main'
maintainer of owncloud in fedora.

On Monday 20 January 2014 11:35:06 Klaas Freitag wrote:
> On 19.01.2014 21:06, Matěj Cepl wrote:
>
> Hi Matěj,
>
> > And if insted of pushing new version to your system (or OpenSUSE
> > build) you would push it to the Koji, then you would have build
> > for Rawhide and -testing distros in the same time.
>
> How about already released versions of Fedora? For example, will it be
> possible to provide _version_ updates of ownCloud to users of Fedora 20
> through Koji? AFAIK for released distros, only security fixes but no
> version updates are allowed?!

This is not the case for fedora. You are allowed to bump releases as you
please. Actually the updates policy states otherwise but since nobody really
enforces it, it's basically a maintainer decision [1].

> If it is possible to ship version updates of ownCloud through the
> official Fedora channels within hours or days, we could immediately
> switch to Koji, as I said before.

Technically it's possible within hours but the main issue is bundling.

As you know distros try really hard to avoid bundling. So if: