[Owncloud] SQLite vs MariaDB/MySQL

Otto Kekäläinen otto at seravo.fi
Mon Jan 13 07:47:55 UTC 2014

Hello,

2014/1/12 Chris <fisch.666 at gmx.de>:
>>I also tried to migrate to MariaDB but failed and posted my
>>experiences at
> http://fabianpeter.de/cloud/owncloud-migrating-from-sqlite-to-mysql/#comment-6325
>
> see the warning/disclaimer at the top of this howto and
> the forum thread here:
>
> https://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18423
>
> which contains the info that this script will break further upgrades
> of your ownCloud instances.

Yes I am aware of that but at there is no other option available
either. An in fact for my OC6 installation this script does not even
work. So AFAIK the current situation is that the OwnCloud project does
not provide any official migration script and there is no official nor
inofficial/unsupported way to switch from SQLite to MariaDB/MySQL when
the database grows.

Yet another argument why MariaDB should be default from the beginning...

I just read Klaas mail and his suggestions are good.

I've been looking at the browser interface with logging open, and I've
noticed that in particular requests to
http://example.org/owncloud/index.php/apps/files/ajax/list.php?dir=a-directory-with-lots-of-content&breadcrumb=true
are slow, sometimes taking tens of seconds, but after the initial
request some cache seems to kick in and subsequent requests don't have
a delay issue. The any benchmark should not just be about webdav calls
and PROPSFIND but also on the web ui.