[Owncloud] Gentoo client linking problem

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jan 7 09:38:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tuesday, January 07, 2014 09:02:58 Klaas Freitag wrote:
> On 04.01.2014 18:41, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > I've installed ownCloud on my LAN server and it seems to run OK. Now I
> > want to build the client on my workstation but the linker falls over with
> > these errors:
> >
> > Linking CXX executable ../bin/owncloud
> > libowncloudsync.so.1.5.0: undefined reference to
> > `QKeychain::WritePasswordJob::setKey(QString const&)'
>
> You seem to miss the libqtkeychain. Maybe it is not in the standard
> search path for libs?
>
> Try to call ldd ../bin/owncloud and check its output, it will show the
> libs its using.
>
> If your libqtkeychain is not installed in standard path, you can use
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable:
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/libqtkeychain/ ../bin/owncloud

As I understand, it's a build problem, not a runtime problem, so there is no
bin/owncloud.

>From looking at the CMakeLists.txt file, it should fail if the library isn't
found, but it doesn't, so it seems to find it "to some degree", but then bails
out when actually linking against it.

You can debug it like this, roughly:

message("qtkeychain:  ${QTKEYCHAIN_FOUND}  ${QTKEYCHAIN_LIBRARY} ")

This should return true (or 1) and the name of the library as installed on
your system. If it doesn't, look into cmake/modules/FindQtKeychain.cmake and
debug it from there.

Hope to help ...

Cheers,
--