[Owncloud] Buggered the update to 6.0.0a; password is wrong?

~Stack~ i.am.stack at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 00:58:15 UTC 2014

On 12/31/2013 06:04 PM, ~Stack~ wrote:
> So I dug into the database a few minutes ago. I never figured out what
> went wrong with this update, but all my users except the main admin
> account (mine) are gone. I reset the password and tried again. Horay! I
> have access again.
>
> All the files are there, however the calendar is empty and all of my
> contacts are empty. :-/
>
> So I get the joy of trying to export all of that from my phone back into
> owncloud now...

Whelp. This has not been my upgrade. I joined my phone to owncloud, but
instead of syncing all of the contacts from my phone to owncloud it just
deleted all my contacts on my phone. Thankfully I have a backup I made
earlier today! I imported my vcf into owncloud, but then it wouldn't
sync back to the phone! Ack!

Digging around in owncloud I found on the admin page a nice big warning
about my WebDAV being incorrectly setup. No other information telling me
why or what is setup incorrectly, just that it is. That isn't too super
helpful...

Also, this new installation is painfully slow. There is no increased
load on the box and it was fast with the 5 release.

I verified all my apache settings as they appear on the documentation
page, restarted apache, and now owncloud won't even launch.

So forget it. I have been meaning to update this box from Debian 6
Squeeze to 7 Wheezy for months now. Maybe this is just the computer
telling me I need to stop being so lazy and update already! Hehe. :-D

I am syncing the backup now and I will start with a fresh install
tomorrow. Last chance if anyone wants me to grab logs or something.
Fingers crossed no one else hits this problem...

Happy New Year!
~S~