[Owncloud] Error: "the WebDAV interface seems to be broken"

Peter Humphrey peter at prh.myzen.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 16:56:44 UTC 2014

Have I got everything I need on this newly rebuilt Gentoo LAN server? On its
first run owncloud gives me this error. I did run MySQL (mariadb, actually) and
created a database called owncloud, and gave all privileges on it to a new
user ocadm. Then I pointed my browser to the server and filled in the boxes.
After that I get the error.

# emerge -pv apache mariadb php

Calculating dependencies  .... done!
[binary   R    ] www-servers/apache-2.2.25:2  USE="ssl -debug -doc -ldap (-
selinux) -static -suexec -threads" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic
authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm
authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache
cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter
file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic
negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack
vhost_alias -asis -auth_digest -authn_dbd -cern_meta -charset_lite -dbd -
dumpio -ident -imagemap -log_forensic -proxy -proxy_ajp -proxy_balancer -
proxy_connect -proxy_ftp -proxy_http -proxy_scgi -reqtimeout -substitute -
version" APACHE2_MPMS="prefork -event -itk -peruser -worker" 0 kB
[binary   R    ] dev-lang/php-5.5.7:5.5  USE="apache2 berkdb bzip2 calendar
cli crypt ctype curl exif fileinfo filter fpm ftp gd gdbm gmp hash iconv intl
ipv6 json mysql mysqli nls opcache pdo phar posix readline session simplexml
sqlite ssl tokenizer truetype unicode xml xmlwriter zip zlib -bcmath -cdb -cgi
-cjk -debug -embed -enchant -firebird -flatfile -frontbase -imap -inifile -iodbc -
kerberos -ldap -ldap-sasl -libedit -libmysqlclient -mhash -mssql -oci8-
instant-client -odbc -pcntl -postgres -qdbm -recode (-selinux) -sharedmem -
snmp -soap -sockets -spell -sybase-ct -sysvipc -threads -tidy -wddx -xmlreader
-xmlrpc -xpm -xslt" 0 kB
[binary   R   ~] dev-db/mariadb-5.5.32  USE="community pam perl ssl -cluster -
debug -embedded -extraengine -jemalloc -latin1 -max-idx-128 -minimal -oqgraph
(-pbxt) -profiling (-selinux) -sphinx -static -systemtap -tcmalloc {-test}" 0
kB

I'm scratching my head now. Anyone able to help?

--
Regards
Peter