[Owncloud] Fwd: How I just lost 2/3 of my files to the sync-client

Randolph Carter RandolphCarter at fantasymail.de
Thu Feb 6 14:03:44 UTC 2014

> a) on the client: The files are listed in the client journal and have
> not changed (compared to the database entries). Now on the sync run
> the server has the files not longer in the listing.

If the file is locally unchanged, then why would the client even try to
sync the file again?
Is it because it is re-trying the operation causing an error before
(i.e. the rename in this case)?

If so, then wouldn't a fix for this be as "simple" as checking for such
a failed operation,
before retrying it, whether it has already been done successfully in
the meantime?

Regards,
Randolph