[Owncloud] Fwd: How I just lost 2/3 of my files to the sync-client

Benjamin Schieder blindcoder at scavenger.homeip.net
Thu Feb 6 11:35:30 UTC 2014

Am 2014-02-06 10:53, schrieb Christian Weiske:
> Hello Klaas,

>> > He is using FCGI (FastCGI), which starts separate PHP processes and
>> > waits for a couple of seconds. If the PHP process doesn't respond
>> > within that time, cgi will see it as "fail" and send a 500 back to
>> > the client.
>> >
>> > The PHP process will still run on.
>> Ok, in that cas e there is no chance at all to handle that correctly.
>
> Oh, there is.
>
> The server app could send a dot or whatever every couple of seconds, so
> that there is something to send to the client and the cgi process sees
> that the php process did not crash.
>
> Or finish early with a "processing" state, put it in a queue and let
> the
> client pull every couple of seconds to see if it's done.

I'm not sure if the WebDAV protocol supports these ideas.
I've only been developing CardDAV stuff, which is based on WebDAV, but
so far I haven't seen a way for "asynchronous" processing.

Also, you can't send "dots" because you have to send the HTTP status
first, which can only be determined at the end of the operation.
Jabber: blindcoder at jabber.ccc.de
Twitter: blind_coder
Web: http://www.crash-override.net/