[Owncloud] App developers: We will deprecate use of %webroot% in CSS for ownCloud 7

Bernhard Posselt mail at bernhard-posselt.com
Thu Feb 6 02:45:28 UTC 2014

I like the move to seperate icon classes since it covers the base
usecase. If you use more complex backgrounds like maybe background image
and color this may cause issues. Then again this should be very rare,
should the app dev just create a local copy inside the app?

Maybe a solution without breaking backwards compability would be to not
remove the feature but document the usage and available css classes
better and fix the core apps (some devs look at example source instead
of docs). This would improve performance loss (again if its not already
cached) to a bare minimum.