[Owncloud] Scanning for existing Pictures?

Andrew skeffling+owncloud at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:06:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm just starting out with owncloud... my setup is more of a personal
one, as I have a NAS at home with music, photos etc...

One of the features I'm interested in using is the Photographs.

I've created a Local 'External Storage' pointing to my Photo directory
on the server, and I can see the files when browsing the Files in
owncloud. My photos are organsised in to various directories and
sub-directories.

However, it seems that photos only appear in the Photographs app once
they have been viewed in the Files app.

So, my question is: Is there a way to scan for all photographs?

I'm using cron for the cron.

Thanks.

Andrew.

PS owncloud  5.0.11 on centos 6