[Owncloud] ownCloud Client 1.4.0 released
danimo at owncloud.com
Wed Sep 4 11:51:37 UTC 2013
today we released ownCloud Client 1.4.0, along with csync 0.90.0. This release comes with significantly improved UI, which allows for better feedback and more settings. It also features several bug fixes.
Thank to everyone who has contributed to the release or helped testing this release. For details, check out https://daniel.molkentin.net/2013/08/08/owncloud-client-1-4-a-visual-guide/, or the revised manual at
Note: This version drops support for the Debian 6.0, RHEL/CentOS 6 and SLES 11 SP 2 (Client only).
You can get the release from http://owncloud.org/sync-clients/. The change log is provided below for convenience.
Upgrade is recommended.
Daniel & Klaas for the Client team.
ownCloud Client, version 1.4.0, ocsync 0.90.0 required
* New Scheduler: Only sync when there are actual changes in the server
* Add a Settings Dialog, move Proxy Settings there
* Transform folder Status Dialog into Account Settings, provide feedback via context menu
* Add Bandwidth Control
* Add a visual storage/quota indicator (context menu and account settings)
* Add progress indication (context menu and account settings)
* Introduce a sync history, persisting results across syncs
* Move ability to switch to mono icons from a switch to a Settings option
* Add "Launch on System Startup" GUI option
* Add "Show Desktop Nofications"GUI option (enabled by default)
top optionally disable sync notifications
* Add Help item, pointing to online reference
* Implement graphical selection of remote folders in FolderWizard
* Allow custom ignore patterns
* Add an editor for ingore patterns
* ALlow to flag certain ignore patterns as discardable
* Ensure to ship with all valid translations
* Progress Dialog now preserves the last syncned items across sync runs
* Split Setup Wizard into multiple pages again
* Implement "--logfile -" to log to stdout
* Add preliminary support for Shibboleth authentication
* Linux: Provide more icon sizes
* Linux: Do not trigger notifier on ignored files
* Windows: Reduce priority of CSync thread
* Documentation: Prem. updates to reflect UI changes
* Significant code refactorings
* Require Qt 4.7
* Known issue: Under certain conditions, a file will only get uploaded after up to five minutes
csync version 0.90.0
* Added API to get progress information from csync.
* Added c_rename function to csync std.
* Fix: Do renames of files before any puts.
* Improved database integrity checks.
* Improvements of database writing efficiendy.
* Fix: stat file on win32 even if its opened by application.
* httpbf: configurable block size and threshold.
* Many fixes found by a Coverity check.
* Fix: use correct stat struct on all platforms
* Fix: download resuming.
* ownCloud module: Bandwith limitation added.
* Added ability to remove ignored files automatically.
* Fix: Use int64_t and friends
* Fix: Removed all compile warnings.
* Left excluded files and links in csync's tree to be able to show.
them to the user.
* Add OC-Total-Length header for better quota handling.
* Report inbetween progress
More information about the Owncloud