[Owncloud] Problem with changing data directory

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Sep 4 08:24:37 UTC 2013

On 03.09.2013 15:23, Arman Khalatyan wrote:
> 5 steps require to change data store:
> 1) stop mysql
> 2) move data on storage(do not forget to give a right permissions for
> apache/webservice user.
Make sure to preserve the file access- and modification times.

> 3) change config.php file to tell OC where is the user data.
> 4) drop file cache table(probably md5sum table as well)
This is not good. You loose all the etags of the files which will cause
effort at the next sync because the client can not decide which files
changed or not. Yet it will work, but with a lot of downloading.

I think that should be supported by the owncloud console script.
It could rebuild the filecache table by updating the path component and
calculating the new path_hash.
Maybe that already works? I don't know.

regards,
Klaas