[Owncloud] ownCloud Documents and beta 1

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Thu Oct 24 08:42:10 UTC 2013

On 24.10.2013 09:28, Ilyas Sapiyan wrote:
Hi,

> Sounds exciting. Looking forward to playing with this.
>
> Any plans on support for spreadsheets? We actually get a lot of
> customers who want to do collaborative editing but for spreadsheet
> instead of text files.

If that is a concern of lots of your customers, have you considered to
contribute? The collaborative editing was heavily sponsored by ownCloud
Inc., the company behind the ownCloud project and the KO GmbH. I am sure
these are open for your (also financial) contribution to get this
further. Hint: Subscribing a maintenance contract with ownCloud Inc. is
a good way to go if a lot of customers are involved on your side.

I don't wanna troll here, please don't get me wrong, but I think it is
an important to remember how we achieve to push stuff like this forward.

regards,

Klaas