[Owncloud] interest in Google Code-in

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 02:46:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

I wonder if there is interest for Google Code-in, which is going to
re-start in few weeks.
For those who don't know what I am talking about:
http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2013

The last year we had about 10 high school students solving ownCloud tasks.
I am reluctant to say that it was successful, because I don't think
much of the code produced by the students has ever been ported to the
ownCloud stable release (correct me if I am wrong on this).
I still believe it was useful to spread the word about ownCloud. And
it can be a good training for new mentors, considering that we want to
participate as an independent organization at the next GSoC (yes, it
has already been announced! in fact it's the tenth edition!
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014)

Opinions?

Alessandro