[Owncloud] How to set the timezone of an event in the Web interface?

peter at chubb.wattle.id.au peter at chubb.wattle.id.au
Tue Oct 8 21:37:30 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,
   There's a regular conference call I have that's set at 8:00am
   London time --- how do I set the timezone of the event through the
   owncloud web interface?  Depending on whether summer time is in
   force in NSW, Australia (where I am) and the UK (where the event is
   timed) I should see it move between 5pm and 7pm in my view; and my
   friend in London should see it constant at 8am in her view.

   Once I get an event in the calendar in the appropriate timeszone
   (for example, by using a CalDAV client) it appearcs correctly; but
   there seems no way to edit it through the web interface --- it
   flips back to local time on save.  And I can't work out how to
   create an event in a timezone othere than the one I'm viewing the
   calendar in.

   Peter C